A Fintech and Wealth Management Project
whose goal was to increase online trading activity.
How do we increase individual trading activity from 1-2 times per year, towards middle-class day traders that want to trade more often.
Markets are shifting from the rich and their private brokers trading 1-2 times per year, towards middle-class day traders that want to trade more often.
How do we adopt?
HIGH LEVEL TIMELINE
An incremental release every three months.
Ability to adapt based on Roadmaps
MAKE UP OF TEAM
- Product Manager
- UX Designer
- Scrum Master
- Sales & Marketing
- Weekly touch points with users
- Regular customer interviews
- Involve other team members
- Fact based decisions
SENIOR UX DESIGNER
I worked closely with the Senior Product Manager and Product Owner, and as well a "bridge to the developers"
- Making stock trading "customizable"
- Redesign interaction workflows to simplify tasks.
- Eliminate unnecessary clutter and clearly display relevant information.
- Extend product design and usage of all products used by the Top GlobalFinancial institutions
- Work with Product Manager, Developers, Sales and Marketing.
- Worked and report directly to Product Manager
- Work within an Agile Team environment
- Photoshop, Invision, Axure, Balsamiq, Twitter Bootstrap
- Wireframes, Design Reviews, Low/High Fedility Designs, Design Research
UNDERSTANDING THE USER
Within the financial markets user vary widely, from multi-millionaires to housewives to youth in their late teens.
A multi-faceted approach is needed to captures ideals.
Design Thinking Sessions
Using Mental Models
A mental model is based on belief, not facts: that is, it's a model of what users know (or think they know) about a system or process.
Individual users each have their own mental model. A mental model is internal to each user's brain, and different users might construct different mental models of the same user interface or context.
TITLE OF THE CALLOUT BLOCK
Not knowing about a market can have its benefits.
It keeps you honest, makes you learning, ask questions and gives you a first hand experience on pain-points and frustrations other more in-depth users may have overlooked.
When I started this project I know little to no experience within the Trading side of the financial markets.
Through the process I have increased my knowledge tremendously and have learned that even the most experience users can suffer the same crippling problems a new user may.
Another reason why empathy is such an important part of the design process.